As we round the corner into the second quarter of 2023, the following enforcement dates for new or amended state data protection laws are quickly approaching.
- The New York City Local Law 144, Automated Employment Decision Tools: April 15, 2023.
- California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations: July 1, 2023.
- Colorado Consumer Privacy Act (CPA): July 1, 2023.
- Connecticut Act Concerning Personal Data Privacy and Online Monitoring (CTDPA): July 1, 2023.
- Virginia SB 1040 – Employer use of use of employee’s social security number: July 1, 2023.
Depending on the law, preparation may require reviewing data collection and use, updating notices, internal policies and procedures, and conducting employee training.
If you have questions about data protection laws, cybersecurity, or related issues, contact a Jackson Lewis attorney to discuss.